Table of Contents
Introduction. General Information and Prevalence
Urinary tract infection is the common name of all infections, damaging any organ of the human urinary system that includes the urinary bladder, urethra, ureters, and kidneys.
About 55% of adult women and 12% of men have at least one UTI in their life (Medina & Castillo-Pino, 2019).
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Sudden change in color, odor, or consistency of urine
- Pain in the lower abdomen or the lumbar region
- Excretion of urine in small portions
- Absence of appetite
- Fever, vomiting, or nausea
Factors of Risk
- Prolonged exposure to cold;
- Sitting on a cold surface;
- Improper clothing;
Medina, M., & Castillo-Pino, E. (2019). An introduction to the epidemiology and burden of urinary tract infections. Therapeutic Advances in Urology, 11. DOI: 10.1177/1756287219832172.