A community’s health is crucial to improving the happiness and lifespan of its residents. Despite the much advancement in modern medicine, tremendous nations struggle to provide appropriate health care services due to economic and societal constraints. The majorities of the rural residents in the area are impoverished and rely on government health systems for medical care. Public health has been essential in safeguarding and advancing rural populations’ health across the country. The infrastructure has deteriorated, and there is a need to house more disabled people. The existing infrastructure can only accommodate three disabled residents, which is a small number. We want to accommodate more than fifty people with disability hence the need to construct three other buildings.
The need for effective home health care in a developing nation cannot be overstated. Home healthcare centers, in addition to contributing to the general population’s health, are essential contributors to the well-being of the community they serve. With the current number of home healthcare centers, wellness and health condition appear to be optimum. However, this is not the case. Building a Multi-specialty home healthcare center is not only relevant but also important, given the situation of home healthcare centers and the services offered to underprivileged people. There is also a need to upgrade the existing buildings into modern ones and be used optimally. The major goal of the home healthcare center will be to give quality health care to underprivileged persons while also raising the health standards of the community.
Background and Significance
The residents of this region have experienced greater marginalization than other groups in our nation. They lack access to all types of amenities. The political party currently determines the distribution of special public facilities. As a result, most disabled persons always live alone even though they might be crucial to our development. It goes without saying and is well acknowledged that health directly contributes to the development of human capital and socioeconomic growth. Therefore, the citizens of this little village require contemporary home healthcare.
Additionally, disabled persons are typically impoverished because they cannot work to support themselves. They frequently lack proper nutrition and are prone to illnesses, making it impossible for them to work in factories or fields in the cities or rural regions, which leaves them without access to food, housing, and clothes. They thus fall into poverty, and due to their inability to afford quality treatment, they develop health problems and eventually become poorer. Currently, the current home healthcare center is dealing with a grave problem of an increasingly marginalized population, which is having a substantial influence on the health of the overall population. It can only house three people, a small number compared to the rising population. The disabled residents of the outside districts and zones (mainly from rural regions) cannot migrate because this is the only nearby institution that can accept them. The plan is to construct a multi-specialty home healthcare facility in the proposed area to serve the expanding population of the underprivileged. This is the reason why such a project was chosen.
Project-Related Goals and Objectives
Therefore, this proposal aims to ask for funding for infrastructure development and home healthcare center renovation, which would enable upgrading the current home healthcare center into a sizable facility that can house more than one hundred disabled individuals. The project’s objective is to provide enough health infrastructure that is welcoming to all to increase access to and quality health services for the disadvantaged in the surrounding region.
Ensure that more than one hundred marginalized people are well accommodated and get proper healthcare.
- Build a specialized home healthcare building that will accommodate more than one hundred people in the community.
- Install all the required equipment in all parts of the building to ensure the smooth running of activities without disruption.
- Employment of additional twenty nurses and five doctors to gear up the level of healthcare in the healthcare business.
- By the end of the year, provide shelter and treatment to one hundred patients.
- Send community health volunteers into the neighborhood towards the end of the first year to help people find medical services and/or information at least twice a week.
- Have a visiting therapist from another hospital deliver services at the home healthcare center at least once a month by the end of year one to support additional patients.
- Obtain inexpensively, discounted, or given critical pharmaceuticals for the neighborhood at the end of the first year.
Renovate, upgrade and maintain the existing buildings by giving them a new look and installing new technologies to cope with the latest ones.
- Upgrade the old buildings to a good and usable one by renovating and installing new technology.
- Encourage volunteers to donate and work alongside locals to build new facilities that will be critical in delivering needed services in the region before the end of the year.
- Increase the security levels of the place by employing ten security guards and erecting fences before the year ends.
The financing requests for the proposed facilities are detailed here:
|No||Description||No. of the proposed item||The capacity of the item|
|1||Renovation of the existing buildings||1||Three people|
|2||Construction of new buildings||4||110 people|
|3||Connection of electricity and water to all buildings.||5|
|4||Beds, blankets, and bed sheets.||120 Beds, 250 blankets, 250-bed sheets|
|5||Installation of fire extinguishers||50 fire extinguishers||Five buildings|
|6||Purchase of general hospital equipment|
|7||Employment of 20 nurses and five doctors||20 nurses and five doctors|
- The principal result will be that the marginalized in the surrounding areas will have a safe place to be cared for.
- Creating extra-specialized structures will help accommodate more handicapped individuals than in the past.
- The renovation of the current facility will provide people with safer and more modern services.
- The new structure will have an evacuation block that will also be utilized for other events and activities, such as staff meetings.
- The following indicators will be used to assess the project’s success: the number of constructed structures, refurbished buildings, equipment installed, and personnel employed.
Monitoring may be described as an ongoing process in which stakeholders get regular input on progress toward goals and objectives. Evaluation is a systematic and impartial review of finished and ongoing operations to determine how well they are meeting specified objectives and contributing to decision making. After finishing the project, assess its success or failure. This is referred to as assessment.
The project activities will include:
- Sensitization sessions for the home healthcare manager, maintenance officer, project manager, secretary, treasurer, and committee members, with fifteen committee members sensitized.
- Next, a contractor is identified through bidding and is approved by the procurement department.
- Procurement of construction materials and other required materials to renovate the old buildings.
- Construction of the four buildings consisting of an evacuation center and rooms to accommodate the disabled.
- Renovation of the old buildings by installing and repairing the worn-out places for its use again.
- Putting the essential equipment in all the buildings, i.e., furniture and electronics.
- Advertisement of work posts to fill the newly created job opportunities, i.e., security guards, doctors, and nurses.
|Category||Activity||Responsible person||Monitoring indicator||Time frame|
|Administrative||Writing a proposal and a sponsorship letter||Project manager and secretary||A copy of the sponsorship letter and proposal was provided, and a list of sponsors was filed.||One week|
|Project financial management||Treasurer||Record all the expenditures and income||Throughout the project run|
|Construction works||Preparing the site for the buildings||Project members||Site prepared with images on file||One week|
|Foundation laying||Project manager||Foundation laid with images on file||Three weeks|
|Block laying||Project manager||Laying of blocks with images on file||15 weeks|
|Roofing||Project members||Roofing is done with images on file||Five weeks|
|Plastering||Project members||Plastering done with images on file||Eight weeks|
|Painting||Project members||Building painted with images on file||Five weeks|
|Furnishing and lighting works||Project members||Furnishing and lighting did with images on file||Five weeks|
|Inspection||Project manager, regional engineer, and the organization’s manager||Building certified and its certificate filed||Two days|
|Renovation works||Preparation of the building for renovation||Project members||Preparation done and images taken on file||One week|
|Repair of the wall of the building||Project members||Wall repaired, and images were taken on file||Three weeks|
|Repair and replacement of roofs, doors, and windows||Project members||Roofs, doors, and windows replaced with images on file||Nine weeks|
|Repainting the old walls||Project members||Repainting done with pictures on file||Four weeks|
|Installation of new equipment and technology||Project manager||New equipment and technology installed with images on file||Six weeks|
|Inspection||Project manager, regional engineer, and the organization’s manager||Building certified and its certificate filed||Two days|
|Monitoring and evaluation||Indicator setting||Project manager and members||The setting of the monitoring and evaluation questionnaire||Three days|
|Collection of data||Project members||Data collected and analysis done||One week|
|Writing of reports||Secretary and project members||Report written and submitted to respective personnel||Two weeks|
|Launching of the buildings||Official launching||Project committee led by the manager||The project launched, and its use commences||One day|
|Facility management||Recruitment of workers||Human resource manager||Workers recruited with pictures and details filed||Two weeks|
|Maintenance works||Maintenance officer||Maintenance plan created, initiated, and filed.||Three days|
Key Project-Related Deliverables
The home healthcare project has the following deliverables:
- Four buildings will accommodate more than one hundred people.
- Well-equipped buildings will accommodate and sustain the well-being of people with different disabilities.
- Twenty nurses and five doctors are employed to care for the health of those who will be accommodated.
- Well renovated old buildings that are well-equipped with new technology for smooth running of activities.
- Security improved in the compound by employing security guards and erecting fences.
- Continuous water and electricity supply to the facility due to the installation of new water pipes and electricity lines.
- Preparedness in cases of fire accidents by the installation of fire extinguishers all over the facility.
Longer-Term Sustainability Plan
We have conducted in-depth research on possible significant donors who can support the ongoing flow of cash in both the short- and long-term trajectory of the home healthcare center to assure the future viability of the project. These contributors mostly fund programs for health care and the welfare of the disadvantaged in society. Several organizations offer health worker training programs in terms of staff education. Some potential suppliers can provide a wide range of goods for building projects, including medical equipment and equipment for health and safety. Additionally, several international organizations provide funds to help with development funding for national projects, with a particular emphasis on programs that concentrate on the well-being of the region’s disenfranchised population. We will be able to guarantee the project’s organizational, institutional, and financial sustainability using these financing sources.
In addition to researching and preparing bids for major donors, we are also developing more compact yet incredibly powerful social platforms that can bring in a steady stream of funding from small to medium-sized donors. Volunteers will research more social media fundraising opportunities. To increase our finances, we also hope to work with other companies with the same aim. Platforms for social media will include Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, among others. On these sites, introductions will be made by United Nations Virtual Volunteering volunteers, and information will be organized. We are certain that using social media to raise money will enable us to develop the home healthcare center and realize its mission of providing the local community with a long-term sustainable healthcare model.
Free to Low-Cost Access to Resultant Resources
An interested party is referred to in the majority of International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards. And while putting up a management system, managers are specifically requested to identify the interested parties and their needs and to satisfy those demands appropriately.
The first group to show interest would be the workers, who are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of business operations. This group seeks a pleasant workplace and employment stability. By giving them access to open venues where they may express their opinions, the organization will cater to the demands of its staff. The health and safety executive is another party with a stake. Most businesses must adhere to certain workplace safety rules as part of employment legislation. In other words, the government could want to ensure your safety and health is a priority. To protect the well-being of everyone in the facility, the administration of the home healthcare center will handle all health and safety-related concerns.
Environment agencies could also be interested. In certain communities, failing to take proper care with waste management might be costly. Regulations are closely upheld, and the business management will take this seriously by ensuring that the environment is properly taken care of. Insurers are the last segment of our interested parties. When it comes to insurance coverage, terms always apply. The management complies with these requirements and does not make any changes to obtain insurance at a reasonable rate.